Hydrologist (Pathways Student - Internship)
- Department: Department Of Commerce
- Agency: National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Job Announcement Number: PH-15-DDD-1342606
- SALARY RANGE: $12.19 to $18.80 / Per Hour
- OPEN PERIOD: Thursday, March 26, 2015 to Thursday, April 9, 2015
- SERIES & GRADE: GS-1399-03/04
- POSITION INFORMATION: Part Time - Internships
- PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 09
- DUTY LOCATIONS: 3 vacancies in the following location(s):
- Tulsa, OK
- State College, PA
- Fort Worth, TX
- WHO MAY APPLY: Student/Internship Program Eligibles
- SECURITY CLEARANCE: Q - Nonsensitive
- SUPERVISORY STATUS: No
- JOB SUMMARY: Science, Service, and Stewardship
This position is located in the National Weather Service of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
LOCATION NOTE: Applicants must have the ability to work at the specific location selected. The agency will not pay for relocation or housing expenses.
Who May Apply: Student/Internship Program Eligibles
Additional vacancies may be filled through this vacancy announcement if they become available.
Starting salaries will be determined based on the location where the work will be performed.
TRAVEL REQUIRED Not Required
RELOCATION AUTHORIZED No
- Must sign an Internship Program Participant Agreement
- Must be accepted for enrollment or enrolled in school at least half-time
- Resume and supporting documents (See How To Apply section)
- Required to pass background investigation and fingerprint check
- Relevant experience or education (see Qualifications and Evaluation)
- Must complete initial online questionnaire and additional assessment(s)
The Hydrologist (Pathways Student - Internship) GS-03 position is responsible for the following major duties:
- Performs standardized duties related to basic hydrological principles, practices, research, and methodology
- Assists in the collection of data and other operations utilizing automation and applicable technology
The Hydrologist (Pathways Student - Internship) GS-04 position is responsible for the following major duties:
- Performs routine technical support tasks under close supervision, assisting in the use of equipment, instruments, or software
- Carrying out simple procedures and computations
Pathways Internship Eligibility
All applicants for this position must meet the following Pathways Eligibility requirement:
Must be currently enrolled, or accepted for enrollment, on at least a half-time schedule as a student at an accredited college (including 4-year colleges/universities, community colleges, and junior colleges); professional, technical, vocational, and trade school; advanced degree programs (e.g., graduate school, law school); or other qualifying educational institution pursuing a degree or certificate. Certificate programs must be one academic year in duration.
Additionally, the agency requires all applicants to have a minimum 3.0 GPA in order to receive eligibility for the Pathways Internship program. Applicants must meet this requirement at the time of application.
Minimum Qualifications Requirements
In addition to the above Pathways Eligibility requirement, applicants must meet the following based on the grade(s) desired:
GS-03 Grade Level
Must have completed at least 1 academic year of post-high school study (NOTE: One year of full-time academic study is defined as 30 semester hours, 45 quarter hours, or the equivalent in a college or university.)
GS-04 Grade Level
Must have completed at least 2 academic years of post-high school study or an associate's degree (NOTE: two years of full-time academic study is defined as 60 semester hours, 90 quarter hours, or the equivalent in a college or university.)
NOTE: In order to be eligible for the Pathways Internship position, applicants must be seeking a degree in a field of study related to the position for which they are applying (i.e. hydrology, meteorology, atmospheric science, or other natural science major). See additional information under Program Completion and conversion in reference to course work required for students to be converted to the Hydrologist, GS-1315.
We must be able to determine from your application package that you have the minimum qualifications required as described above.
MORE INFORMATION AND APPLICATION