Meteorology Internship, ABC News Broadcast Operations – Summer 2015
The Walt Disney Company is world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
The Disney ABC Television Group (DATG) is home to all of The Walt Disney Company's worldwide entertainment and news television properties. The Group includes the ABC Television Network (including ABC Entertainment Group and ABC News divisions); the Disney Channels Worldwide global kids’ TV business and ABC Family; as well as television distribution divisions Disney ABC Domestic Television and Disney ABC ESPN Television. The Disney ABC Television Group also manages the Radio Disney Network, as well the Company’s equity interest in A&E Television Networks.
More people get their news from ABC News than from any other source. ABC News is responsible for all of the ABC Television Network's news programming on a variety of platforms: television, radio and digital.
The ABC Broadcast Graphics department creates dynamic visuals and on-air packaging for all ABC News programming. We also work with the "ABC News Extreme Weather Team" to produce the weather graphics for Good Morning America, World News with David Muir, World News Weekend, Nightline and other special broadcasts.
The meteorology intern will be sourced from a nationally recognized meteorology school with a specialty in broadcast meteorology or weather production. They will "apprentice" with the Good Morning America graphics producer/meteorologist and our team of freelance weather producers that work for World News. The goal of the internship will be to identify and develop potential meteorologists/graphics producers that can work to create national weather graphics and meteorological notes for our on-air weather talent.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist graphics producer/meteorologist and on-air talent with weather related research and editorial.
- Assist graphics producer/meteorologist with weather related video and still research including social media.
- Assist graphics producer/meteorologist with pre-production of graphic elements.
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US
- All candidates must be at least 18 years old
- All candidates must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program in order to qualify for this internship
- All candidates must be available from May/June through August/September for the 12-15 week program
- All candidates must be willing to work 40 hours/week ( hours/day)
- All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
- Candidate must be pursuing at least a BA/BS in meteorology or equivalent
- General knowledge of meteorological resources including National Weather Service, computer modeling websites, SPC and ability to find LSR’s
- Ability to navigate social media websites
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Familiarity with WSI Max Weather Platform
- Self-starter who is enthusiastic and engaged
Job Posting Industries: Television
Additional Information: These positions are with: Am Brd Companies, Inc
Compensation: Intern positions are paid employment opportunities.
The deadline to apply for this internship is February 27, 2015
Equal Opportunity Employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability
Internship Program Type: Professional Internship
Primary Location-City: New York
Primary Location-State: NY
Primary Location-Country: US
Auto req ID: 244220BR