Internship at a Top Research & Development Firm
What we do
Verisk Climate is redefining how businesses understand and manage risk from weather and the environment. Our products are used by Fortune 500 firms in insurance, renewable energy, supply chain and investment industries. Examples include insurance risk analysis of natural hazards for claims or underwriting; predictive analytics, and supply chain analytics.
The Geospatial Big Data intern will contribute to a variety of objectives by completing short and medium term tasks and projects. The tasks will encompass the following domains:
- Big data analysis: perform analysis and management of a variety of terabyte scale proprietary data resources – satellite, weather, economic and climate data.
- Geographical Information Systems: work with diverse types of geospatial content to service customer requests, investigate concepts and develop pilot projects
- Visual data presentation: using a variety of visualization tools, produce maps and imagery suitable for internal and external communication purposes
The successful Intern will have the opportunity to progress from initial short term duties to assist and support data scientists, and product managers on complex project efforts.
- BS/MS in progress or awarded with substantial coursework in physical science, engineering, computer science, or related field
- Analytical problem solving skills (preferably image processing/remote sensing skills and statistics)
- GIS skills
- Programming (Matlab/R/Python)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team setting
- Can do attitude
Applicants should be prepared to furnish 1-3 letters of recommendation. Candidates should be prepared to work 40 hours per week for the 12-week internship duration.
- Expertise -Research Associate
- Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience)
- Job Type Intern
- Location MA-Lexington
- Years of Experience 0-1 Year