Sep. 8, 2016 12:30 pm
Nov. 12, 2016 12:30 pm
UBIMET North America Inc.
- United States
- Would you like to find out what it is like to contribute to the development of a global company that leads in its field?
- Are you ready to take on challenges and develop a wide variety of new skills in the process?
- Would you like to to join UBIMET North America as a METEOROLOGICAL INTERN on a part-time assignment and help us further build our footprint in the US?
If so, please reach out to us; you might be able to contribute to our story! This position is based in New York City.
We are UBIMET, one of the world’s leading private weather service providers. Our global headquarters are in Vienna, Austria and our US team of experienced meteorologists and IT experts are based in New York City. In 2016 we are focusing on the local implementation of several global projects and we are looking for exceptional people that are eager to learn and contribute to our global success story. Join us as a:
Details of the position:
- Job shadowing professional meteorologists with a focus on international forecasting
- Assisting in a wide range of tasks, including project management and production of marketing / social media content and forecast products
- Preferred work schedule of the internship is part-time
We are looking for success-oriented interns, with the following qualifications and skills:
- Currently working toward a degree in Meteorology, colleges or universities in or close to the the New York metropolitan area are preferred
- Knowledge of North American and International forecasting guidance and techniques
- Strong practical knowledge of social media, particularly with meteorology / weather and social media
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required, and previous working experience in customer service is desirable
- A mature and professional demeanor is required
- Fluency or working proficiency in another language is a plus
In exchange we offer:
- A unique opportunity to learn from a highly passionate and ambitious team of young meteorologists
- Workplace with a focus on free / open source software
- Flexible working hours with opportunities for compensation, depending on skills and project work
If your experiences and skills match our job profile, we are looking forward to your application, including your detailed CV. With just a few clicks, you can apply online and start the sunny side of your career. To apply visit UBIMET.
For more details