Sep. 5, 2016 12:00 am
Sep. 30, 2016 12:00 am
FORENSIC WEATHER CONSULTANTS, LLC
- United States
FORENSIC WEATHER CONSULTANTS, LLC CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Date Posted: September 1, 2016
Application deadline: September 30, 2016
Location: Albany, New York
Position Available: Forensic Meteorologist
Forensic Weather Consultants, LLC is a fast growing weather consulting and forensic meteorology firm that works on a variety of weather-related cases, incidents and studies in the United States and abroad. With the growth of the company, we are searching for a skilled and ambitious Meteorologist to join the team as a Forensic Meteorologist. This position is full-time. If you live in the Albany, New York Capital Region, we especially want to hear from you.
- Assist in retrieving and downloading various types of weather records and climate data.
- Analyze weather data and provide expert opinions about past weather conditions.
- Provide phone consultations with clients discussing past weather events.
- Prepare detailed written reports and affidavits for various court cases and studies.
- Provide expert testimony at depositions and trials as needed.
- Support office staff involved in consulting projects and cases
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Meteorology.
- At least 3 years of experience in operational meteorology.
- Must be extremely knowledgeable in decoding METAR’s, weather observations, BUOY data and all other types of meteorological data.
- A strong understanding of meteorology, meteorological processes, winter storms, severe weather, hurricanes and storm structure is a must.
- A solid understanding of Doppler radar and how to interpret radar and Dual Pol imagery.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communications skills including verbal presentation and report writing.
- Must be resourceful, self-motivated and detail oriented with the ability to work in a fast paced and at times stressful environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
- Experience with Linux/Unix, NCL, NetCDF, GIS, and Software Design and Development is a Plus.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please submit a cover letter, your curriculum vitae containing your educational experience, employment history, Meteorological highlights, contact information and at least 3 professional references. All of this information should be mailed to the address below.
Forensic Weather Consultants, LLC
1971 Western Avenue, #200
Albany, New York 12203
If you are called for an interview, we will ask you to complete a short written test that will help us evaluate your knowledge of meteorology, analysis and weather observations. Questions can be directed to the following email: HGA@WeatherConsultants.com.
Please Check Out Our Brand NEW WEBSITE to See Sample Reports, Client Testimonials, Our C.V.’s, or to Order Forensic Hurricane Reports & Severe Weather History Reports!!!