Quality Assurance Specialist
Sep. 16, 2016 12:00 am
Nov. 16, 2016 12:00 am
Western Kentucky University
- United States
About Western Kentucky University:
Western Kentucky University aspires to be the University of choice for faculty and staff who are dedicated to helping advance academic excellence. True to its spirit, WKU offers an inviting, nurturing, and challenging work environment, which is responsive to the needs of a diverse and ambitious learning community. WKU's main campus is located on a hill overlooking the city of Bowling Green (population est. 60,000), and is acclaimed as one of the most beautiful in the nation. In addition, WKU serves the communities of Elizabethtown/Fort Knox, Glasgow and Owensboro through its regional campuses. We invite you to consider WKU as a place where your academic and professional dreams can be realized.
The Kentucky Climate Center is seeking applicants for the position of Quality Assurance Specialist for the Kentucky Mesonet (www.kymesonet.org), a research-grade weather and climate monitoring infrastructure that supports public safety and economic development across the Commonwealth of Kentucky. This position will oversee quality assurance (QA), including developing QA procedures, performing daily and monthly review of data, and oversight of QA student employees, for the Kentucky Mesonet.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are customary for this position, but are not to be construed as all-inclusive. Duties may be added, deleted, and assigned based on management discretion and institutional needs.
- Analyzing meteorological data using quality assurance metrics
- Improving current quality assurance metrics and researching new methods
- Reviewing station and instrumentation metadata
- Preparing quality assurance reports
- Training and supervising Mesonet quality assurance students
Knowledge and Skills Considered Essential for Success:
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Knowledge of meteorological instruments and systems
- Minimum requirement of BS in meteorology or related field
Complete details and to apply: