WEEKEND METEOROLOGIST / MULTIMEDIA JOURNALIST
Aug. 19, 2016 12:00 am
Oct. 19, 2016 12:00 am
SINCLAIR BROADCAST GROUP
- United States
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country today. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to 162 stations located in 79 geographically diverse markets and our Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KFOX 14/CBS4 is looking for a Weekend Meteorologist/MMJ. In this role, you will present the weather forecast for the weekend news on both KFOX14 and CBS4 and report 3 days a week.
As a Meteorologist, you will be responsible for the content of the weather cast on-air and on our digital platforms.
- Issue warnings and alerts
- Produce graphics and maps, and report live during weather events
- Must be able to utilize social media during severe weather, as well as write weather stories
- Forecasting, producing and presenting clear and concise weather casts- which tell a story and connect with viewers, developing content and graphics for on-air, web and social media
- Making public appearances on behalf of the station
- Working with producers to determine relevant weather content in breaking and everyday situations
- Doing live shots and reporting from community events and in breaking news
As an MMJ, you will need the skills to tell memorable stories. We value visual and compelling storytelling. We're looking for someone with sharp news judgment, strong writing and excellent storytelling skills, and the ability to work well with others. Ability to demonstrate experience with active and visual live shots is required.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Pitching story ideas
- Developing contacts and reporting 3 days a week (this includes shooting and editing)
- Produce content on a variety of platforms including, internet, social networking sites, and mobile phones, in addition to television
- Must have excellent time management skills
This is not an entry-level position – previous on-air experience presenting weather and news information is required.
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace!