- Symposium for Women in the Sciences - Register Now!
- Deadline to register is November 13.
- What UG Homepage GR
- When Nov 13, 2009 from 06:35 PM to 06:35 PM (UTC / UTC0)
- Where Days Inn Penn State, Pugh Street in State College
- Contact Name Britany Barker
- Add event to calendar iCal
DATE: December 5, 2009
LOCATION: Days Inn on Pugh Street, State College
*FEE: $5 for students and includes a lunch buffet!*
The annual SWIS Conference is for undergraduate students interested in pursuing a career in the science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) fields.
The 2009 Symposium features:
· Keynote speaker, Dr. Jean Brenchley, Professor of Microbiology and Biotechnology
· “Leadership and Communication” workshop; and
· "Women in the Workplace” discussion
*NEW THIS YEAR:* AWIS members are volunteering to host non-University Park student attendees of the conference that wish to travel to University Park Friday night (December 4^th ). Housing is limited and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. If interested, please be sure to check "Non-University Park Housing Request" on the registration form.
*TO REGISTER:* visit www.equity/psu.edu/wise/ug-swis or print and complete the attached registration form.
*REGISTRATION DEADLINE:* *November 13, 2009.*
SWIS is organized by /The Association for Women in Science, Penn State-University Park Chapter/ and sponsored by Norfolk Southern, Women in the Sciences and Engineering (WISE) Institute, and UPAC.