- Lisa Jackson, Apple VP and former EPA chief, to speak at Penn State on Nov. 6
- Lisa Jackson, vice president of environmental initiatives at Apple Inc. will be the keynote speaker at the 2014 Colloquium on the Environment.
- What GR Alumni WxRiskClub Campus Weather Service Meteo Colloquium ChiEpsilonPi PSUBAMS UG Homepage
- When Nov 06, 2014 11:00 PM to Nov 07, 2014 12:00 AM (UTC / UTC0)
- Where Schwab Auditorium, University Pk
- Contact Name Dr. Jenni Evans
- Add event to calendar iCal
UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. -- The Penn State Institutes of Energy and the Environment (PSIEE), the Office of Physical Plant (OPP) and the Sustainability Institute are happy to announce that Lisa Jackson, vice president of environmental initiatives at Apple Inc. and former administrator of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, will be the keynote speaker at the 2014 Colloquium on the Environment.
This year’s colloquium will take place at 6 p.m. Nov. 6 at Schwab Auditorium. This event is free and open to the public.
At Apple, Jackson oversees the company’s efforts to minimize its impact on the environment by addressing climate change through renewable energy and energy efficiency, using greener materials and inventing new ways to conserve precious resources. From 2009 to 2013, Jackson served as administrator of the EPA. Appointed by President Barack Obama, she focused on reducing greenhouse gases, protecting air and water quality, preventing exposure to toxic contamination and expanding outreach to communities on environmental issues.
The title of Jackson’s Nov. 6 keynote is “The Private Sector as Public Servant: Lisa Jackson’s journey from the EPA to Apple, and how one of the world’s most innovative companies is tackling critical environmental challenges.”
“We are excited to learn how a company whose reach is so pervasive on a university campus is working towards environmental stewardship,” said Jenni Evans, PSIEE Acting Director and Professor of Meteorology at Penn State.
The doors open at 5:30 p.m., and seating is on a first-come basis. Due to the fire code, no standees will be permitted. Food, drink, videography or flash photography are not permitted. Directions to Schwab Auditorium, as well as parking information, is available at www.psiee.psu.edu.