- Ph.D. Atmospheric Sciences, The University of Washington
- M.S. Atmospheric Sciences, The University of Washington
- B.S. Geology and Geophysics, Yale University
My interests span topics in tropical, radar, and mesoscale meteorology. My primary research is on using radars (land-based, airborne, spaceborne) and numerical models to understand the dynamics of tropical cyclones. This research explores tropical cyclone formation, changes in intensity and structure, and environmental interactions. My interests also include mesoscale precipitation processes and Doppler radar retrieval techniques.
- Didlake, A. C., Jr., G. M. Heymsfield, P. D. Reasor, and S. R. Guimond, 2017: Concentric eyewall asymmetries in Hurricane Gonzalo (2014) observed by airborne radar. Mon. Wea. Rev., 145, 729-749.
- Guimond, S. R., G. M. Heymsfield, P. D. Reasor, and A. C. Didlake Jr., 2016: The rapid intensification of Hurricane Karl (2010): New remote sensing observations of convective bursts from the Global Hawk platform. J. Atmos. Sci., 73, 3617-3639.
- Tian, L., G. M. Heysmfield, A. C. Didlake Jr., S. R. Guimond, and L. Li, 2015: Velocity azimuth display analysis of Doppler velocity for HIWRAP. J. Appl. Meteor. Climatol., 54, 1792-1808.
- Didlake, A. C., Jr., G. M. Heymsfield, L. Tian, and S. R. Guimond, 2015: The coplane analysis technique for three-dimensional wind retrieval using the HIWRAP airborne Doppler radar. J. Appl. Meteor. Climatol., 54, 605-623.
- Didlake, A. C., Jr., and R. A. Houze Jr., 2013: Dynamics of the stratiform sector of a tropical cyclone rainband. J. Atmos. Sci., 70, 1891-1911.
- Didlake, A. C., Jr., and R. A. Houze Jr., 2013: Convective-scale variations in the inner-core rainbands of a tropical cyclone. J. Atmos. Sci., 70, 504-523.
- Didlake, A. C., Jr., and R. A. Houze Jr., 2011: Kinematics of the secondary eyewall observed in Hurricane Rita (2005). J. Atmos. Sci., 68, 1620-1636.
- Didlake, A. C., Jr., and R. A. Houze Jr., 2009: Convective-scale downdrafts in the principal rainband of Hurricane Katrina (2005). Mon. Wea. Rev., 137, 3269-3293.
- Davis, C., C. Snyder, and A. C. Didlake Jr., 2008: A vortex-based perspective of eastern Pacific tropical cyclone formation. Mon. Wea. Rev., 136, 2461-2477.