- Undergraduate Studies: Texas A&M University (B.S. in Meteorology)
Office Hours for METEO 201
Tuesday: 3 - 4 PM, Walker 530
Wednesday: 10 - 11 AM, Walker 530
So, you found my Penn State bio, eh? Welcome! I'm assuming you're here because you want to find out something about me, whether it be contact information, research interests, or personal tidbits. Well you're in luck, because you'll find all of that here pretty easily, assuming I figure out how to get all that info on here without goofing it up somehow.
Now I know no one is looking to hear all about my life story. If you really want to you're more than welcome to come talk to me in person, but for the purposes of this bio I'll just use some nicely organized bullet points and quick explanations. That's all you really need, right?
Alright, let's start with some BASIC BACKGROUND.
- Born in Houston, TX
- Graduated from Texas A&M University with my B.S. in Meteorology in 2015 (GIG'EM AGGIES, AY WHOOP!)
- My current research is focused on developing a hurricane storm surge scale
- General interests include tropical meteorology, climate, and risk communication
- Awarded the Exxon Mobil Teagle Foundation Scholarship
- Inducted into Phi Kappa Phi
- Participated in Texas A&M's Undergraduate Research Scholars Program
- Authored an undergraduate thesis on my research: Verifying the Patterns of the Antarctic Dipole Using Reanalysis Data (Found here: http://oaktrust.library.tamu.edu/handle/1969.1/154498)
- Presented a research poster at the 2015 AMS Conference in Phoenix, AZ
- Received First Place for my research oral presentation at Texas A&M's Student Research Week
- Received the Excellence in Oceanography Award at Texas A&M
- Experience with Python
- Familiar with netCDF and ASCII files
- Knowledge of CDO (Climate Data Operators)
- Very good with PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc. (As are most people nowadays, but still relevant I suppose)
- Video games
- Book - Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West
- Movie - Twister
- Color - Tie between green and orange
- I am NOT a fan of the cold, so winters here should be interesting…
- Yes, I do say "Y'all". No, I did not ride a horse to school.
- I switch back and forth between glasses and contacts, so don't be surprised if I suddenly show up one day with four eyes.
I think that about covers it. In general I'm a pretty chill person and a great listener, so if you ever want to stop by and talk/vent feel free!