- Ph.D., Meteorology – The Pennsylvania State University, 2016–Present
- M.S., Meteorology – The Pennsylvania State University, 2014 - 2016
- B.S., Meteorology – University of Oklahoma, 2010-2014
Publications and Presentations
- Katona, B., P. Markowski, C. Alexander, and S. Benjamin, 2016: The influence of topography on convective storm environments in the eastern United States as deduced from the HRRR. Wea. Forecasting, 31, 1481–1490. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1175/WAF-D-16-0038.1
P. Markowski, Y. Richardson, M. Kumjian, A. Anderson-Frey, G. Jimenez, B. Katona, A. Klees, R. Schrom, and D.Tobin, 2015: Comments on “Observations of wall cloud formation in supercell thunderstorms during VORTEX2”. Mon. Wea. Rev., 143, 4278–4281.
- Katona, B., and P. Markowski, 2014: A preliminary investigation of the effects of orography on the environments of convective storms in the eastern United States. 27th Conf. on Severe Local Storms, Madison, WI, Amer. Meteor. Soc.