- Ph. D. Meteorology from Penn State 2010-2015
- B.S. Atmospheric Sciences from Peking University 2006-2010
Dynamics and predictability of tropical cyclones
- Zhang, F., and D. Tao, 2013: Effects of vertical wind shear on the predictability of tropical cyclones. Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences, 70, 975-983.
- Tao, D., and F. Zhang, 2014: Effect of environmental shear, sea-surface temperature and ambient moisture on the formation and predictability of tropical cyclones: an ensemble-mean perspective. Journal of Advances in Modeling Earth Systems (JAMES), DOI:10.1002/2014MS000314.
- Tao, D., and F. Zhang, 2015: Effects of Vertical Wind Shear on the Predictability of Tropical Cyclones: Practical versus Intrinsic Limit. Journal of Advances in Modeling Earth Systems (JAMES), submitted.