- M.S. in Atmospheric Sciences, Oceanography and Climate, Department of Meteorology, Stockholm University, Sweden (2012)
- B.S. in Meteorology, Department of Meteorology, Stockholm University, Sweden (2010)
After completing his Master's degree at Stockholm University, Hans joined Penn State as a doctoral student to continue pursuing his interest in atmospheric variability. His current research focuses on regional atmospheric responses to reduced Arctic sea ice.
For more information, please visit http://hanschen.org.
- Climate variability on the regional scale
- General circulation of the atmosphere and teleconnection patterns
- Interaction between large-scale circulation and regional climate
- Data assimilation as a tool for understanding climate variability