- Manage all aspects of Department graduate program to include
recruitment and admissions, graduate events, graduate
appointments, reporting, and matriculation through the M.S.
and Ph.D. program
- Work directly with students on matters relating to their
courses and academic progress to include scheduling controlled
courses, coordinating comprehensive and candidacy exams and
thesis defenses, and the Summer Tuition Assistance Program
(STAP). Assist students with fellowship funding processes.
- Advise students, department head, and graduate program
associate head on policies and procedures, both at the
university and departmental level.
- Maintain department databases and student files.
- Compile statistics and data from the department databases and the Data Warehouse as requested by Department Head and other entities.
- Coordinate travel for colloquium presenters and process reimbursements for their travel and for students and faculty who host them for meals.
- Work with Associate Head to prepare course proposals or changes to the Meteorology graduate program when necessary