In the video below, our students talk about why Penn State was a great choice for their undergraduate study in meteorology and atmospheric science.
Background music on this video is provided by: Secession Studios
- Upcoming Events
- Jun 08, 2015 to Jun 08, 2016 The National Research Council awards for graduate, postdoctoral and senior researchers The National Research Council of the National Academies sponsors a number of awards for graduate, postdoctoral and senior researchers
- Feb 11, 2016 12:35 PM Seminar/Talk Paul Knight (Penn State) Join us Thursdays at 12:35pm for our weekly weather briefing series, sponsored by the Campus Weather Service.
- Feb 11, 2016 01:00 PM Thesis Defense Christopher Melhauser -- PhD Thesis Defense (Penn State, Department of Meteorology) A Multiple-Model Ensemble Examination of the Probabilistic Prediction of Tropical Cyclones
- Feb 17, 2016 03:30 PM Meteorology Colloqium Patrick Harr (Naval Postgraduate School and the National Science Foundation) Temporal Clustering of Tropical Cyclone Occurrence
- Mar 02, 2016 03:30 PM Meteorology Colloqium Fuzhong Weng (NOAA)
- Mar 16, 2016 09:00 AM Thesis Defense Glen Hanson -- MS Thesis Defense ( Penn State, Department of Meteorology) " Impact of Assimilating Surface Pressure Observations from Smartphones: Observing System Simulation Experiments with the PSU WRF-EnKF"
- Apr 06, 2016 09:30 AM Thesis Defense Andra Reed -- PhD Thesis Defense (Penn State, Department of Meteorology) "Using downscaled CMIP5 models to perform a long-term analysis of North Atlantic tropical cyclones and their impacts on coastal inundation in New York City"
- Odds are overwhelming that record heat due to climate change Posted Jan 26, 2016
- Storms, ozone may play pivotal role in rainforest cloud creation Posted Jan 25, 2016
- Scientists: Ocean warming has doubled in recent decades Posted Jan 21, 2016
- Michael Mann elected 2015 AAAS Fellow Posted Dec 03, 2015
- Schreyer Scholar investigates climate science, oceanography through NOAA program Posted Nov 02, 2015
- When Nature Strikes: Hurricanes Posted Oct 05, 2015
- Meteorologists, Jon Nese and Marisa Ferger, storm Emmys Posted Oct 05, 2015
- Subscribe to this feed