Meteorology and Atmospheric Science at Penn State
- Upcoming Events
- Apr 13, 2015 to May 01, 2015 Post Doc. Research Presentation DeVine Consulting, Inc. cordially invites you to present your research in Monterey, California.
- Apr 29, 2015 03:30 PM Meteorology Colloqium Sharan Majumdar (University of Miami) Predictability and Probabilistic Verification of Tropical Cyclogenesis
- Apr 30, 2015 12:00 PM Grad Talk Y. Qiang Sun -- PhD Oral Comprehensive Exam (Penn State ) "Dynamics and Predictability of Mesoscale Gravity Waves in Moist Baroclinic Jet-front Systems and its Parameterization in the GCMs"
- Apr 30, 2015 12:30 PM Seminar/Talk Rich Grumm - Final Ken Reeves Memorial Weather Briefing of the Spring
- May 01, 2015 09:00 AM Grad Talk Alexis Hoffman -- PhD Oral Comprehensive Exam (Penn State, Department of Meteorology) Understanding the impact of mineral aerosols on agricultural productivity
- May 01, 2015 02:00 PM Grad Talk Hans Chen -- PhD Oral Comprehensive Exam (Penn State, Department of Meteorology) "Variability and dynamics of severe winter weather events at northern mid-latitudes due to Arctic sea-ice loss"
- May 04, 2015 08:00 AM Grad Talk Michael (Yue) Ying -- PhD Oral Comprehensive Exam (Penn State, Department of Meteorology) "Convection-permitting modeling, data assimilation and predictability of tropical multi-scale convective systems during the initiation of the MJO active phase"
- Oct 17, 2015 to Oct 22, 2015 2015 NWA Annual Meeting Oct. 17-22, 2015– Oklahoma City, OK
- Shirer honored with Hendrick Award for service to adult learners Posted Apr 17, 2015
- Penn State professor Michael Mann leads climate change research Posted Apr 06, 2015
- Student meteorologist tackles challenge of predicting Philadelphia’s ozone pollution Posted Apr 02, 2015
- A partnership between Meteorology and Journalism provides students with hands-on experience broadcasting their weather forecasts through the "Centre County Report." Posted Apr 02, 2015
- Pacific And Atlantic Ocean Are Causing Global Warming Slowdown Posted Mar 02, 2015
- Wyoming Valley native Michael Pavolonis to be honored for meteorological expertise Posted Mar 02, 2015
- Environmentally Speaking, Does It Matter If We Dump Snow into the Ocean? Posted Feb 27, 2015
- Subscribe to this feed