- Undergraduate Events
- Sep 14, 2015 to Oct 23, 2015 September National Weather Association (NWA) Reminders Local Chapters: Please check our webpage to make sure we have your up-to-date information. http://nwas.org/local.php
- Oct 08, 2015 12:35 PM Seminar/Talk Charles Ross - Ken Reeves Memorial Weather Briefing (NWS State College) Join us Thursdays at 12:35pm for our weekly weather briefing series, sponsored by the Campus Weather Service.
- Oct 17, 2015 to Oct 22, 2015 2015 NWA Annual Meeting Oct. 17-22, 2015– Oklahoma City, OK
- Oct 29, 2015 12:35 PM Seminar/Talk Lee Grenci - Ken Reeves Memorial Weather Briefing (Penn State) Join us Thursdays at 12:35pm for our weekly weather briefing series, sponsored by the Campus Weather Service.
- Undergraduate Student News
- A partnership between Meteorology and Journalism provides students with hands-on experience broadcasting their weather forecasts through the "Centre County Report." It's still a solid hour before sunrise with sub-zero wind chills, but nothing slows Penn State Meteorology student Ryan Breton Apr 02, 2015
- Fall 2016 Hertz Graduate Fellowships The Hertz Foundation invites applications for Fall 2016 Graduate Fellowships in Applied Physical, Biological, or Engineering Sciences. Application deadline: October 30, 2015. Sep 09, 2015
- Sophomore's field research looks at environmental change Jul 07, 2014
- Stampede supercomputer helps researchers design and test improved hurricane forecasting system Fuqing Zhang and a team of weather modelers at Penn State University have created an improved method of hurricane forecasting Jun 26, 2014
- Scientists Predict Increased Rain, Floods for Northeast Residents of New England and the Mid-Atlantic states will experience increased rainfall and floods if data analysis by a Penn State meteorologist and long-term projections by a fisheries biologist, with a specialty in surface water pollution, are accurate. Jun 24, 2014
- Conditions at Penn State Weather Camp: Mostly curious UNIVERSITY PARK — Bill Syrett counted down, and more than 40 pairs of eyes turned to the clouds. Jun 24, 2014
- Six Things Michael Mann Wants You to Know About the Science of Global Warming There is nothing controversial about the work of climatologist Michael Mann, director of Penn State’s Earth System Science Center. Jun 13, 2014
- Battle stations for an ice-free Arctic The summer seas around the North Pole could be ice-free in 15 years. Rear Admiral David Titley was given the task of working out what that meant for the US Navy. He talks with Elizabeth Finkel. Jun 04, 2014