Penn State and several other institutions collaborate to study air quality in the Maryland/Washington, DC area. (Left to right) Jake Zenker (Penn State), Kevin Sanchez (Penn State), John Moore (Jackson State University), Jose D Fuentes (Penn State), and Ricardo Sakai (Howard University).Information for future students >>
- Graduate Student Events
- May 26, 2015 02:00 PM Thesis Defense Benjamin L. Sherman -- MS Thesis Defense (Penn State, Department of Meteorology) "Surface Kinetic Effects on Ice Nucleation in Cirrus Clouds"
- Jun 10, 2015 12:00 PM Thesis Defense Daniel J. Brouillette -- MS Thesis Defense (Penn State, Department of Meteorology) 'Toward Multi-Proxy Reconstructions of Hydroclimate over the Contiguous United States from AD 500 to Present'
- Oct 17, 2015 to Oct 22, 2015 2015 NWA Annual Meeting Oct. 17-22, 2015– Oklahoma City, OK
- Graduate Student News
- SMART Scholarship-for-service Program The Science, Mathematics, And Research for Transformation (SMART) scholarship-for-service Program fully funds undergraduate and graduate degrees in a wide range of technical areas, including all fields of Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Brain and Cognitive Sciences, and Mathematics. May 15, 2015
- Fall 2015 Hertz Graduate Fellowships The Hertz Foundation invites applications for Fall 2015 Graduate Fellowships in Applied Physical, Biological, or Engineering Sciences Oct 27, 2014
- Stampede supercomputer helps researchers design and test improved hurricane forecasting system Fuqing Zhang and a team of weather modelers at Penn State University have created an improved method of hurricane forecasting Jun 26, 2014
- Scientists Predict Increased Rain, Floods for Northeast Residents of New England and the Mid-Atlantic states will experience increased rainfall and floods if data analysis by a Penn State meteorologist and long-term projections by a fisheries biologist, with a specialty in surface water pollution, are accurate. Jun 24, 2014
- Conditions at Penn State Weather Camp: Mostly curious UNIVERSITY PARK — Bill Syrett counted down, and more than 40 pairs of eyes turned to the clouds. Jun 24, 2014
- Six Things Michael Mann Wants You to Know About the Science of Global Warming There is nothing controversial about the work of climatologist Michael Mann, director of Penn State’s Earth System Science Center. Jun 13, 2014
- Battle stations for an ice-free Arctic The summer seas around the North Pole could be ice-free in 15 years. Rear Admiral David Titley was given the task of working out what that meant for the US Navy. He talks with Elizabeth Finkel. Jun 04, 2014