Research Experience for Undergraduates, summer 2015
Collaborative Data Visualization Applications
Program Dates: Mon June 1 – Fri July 24 2015
Applications due Tue March 31 2015Contact: Vetria Byrd at firstname.lastname@example.org
Clemson REU Program at http://citi.clemson.edu/viz/reu
- Clemson University is accepting applications for participation in the REU Site: Research Experience for Undergraduates in Collaborative Data Visualization Applications for summer 2015.
- REU Site funded by NSF ACI Award 1359223.
- Who should apply: all undergraduate students, enrolled in an undergraduate university/college with an interest in visualization.
- The program is funded by the NSF and as such all participants must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- What majors will be considered: Visualization plays a key role in all areas of research; all academic majors are encouraged to apply.
Some highlights from the 2014 VisREU Experience:
- In 2014 the VisREU Program was held up as a model REU Site by NSF.
- The entire REU Site attended the XSEDE14 Conference in Atlanta, GA; with 50% of the VisREU participants participating in the student poster competition.
- A VisREU student participant gave a poster presentation on research results at the National Science Foundation in Arlington, VA.
- Information about 2014 Student Projects can be viewed at http://citi.clemson.edu/viz/reu (click on the 2014 tab).
We are now accepting applications for 2015 VisREU Summer Program and planning for another successful summer.
All undergraduates with an interest in visualization are encouraged to apply atClemson REU Application at http://citi.clemson.edu/viz/reu
- Application materials should be submitted for full consideration by March 31, 2015.
- Application review will begin on April 1, 2015.
Program Dates: June 1 – July 24, 2015
For questions send email to REU Site Coordinator, Vetria Byrd