- See Karen Corl in Room 501A before you do anything else so she can help to guide you through the process. This can save you a lot of aggravation!
- Secure your adviser's approval to take the exam
- Pick a week in which to schedule your exam. Choose a week that fits best in your schedule. This week should be selected at least a month in advance to accommodate the committee’s schedule. You will need a minimum of two hours for your exam. Email Karen Corl (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the week you have selected
- Secure 529 Walker. Karen Corl will secure 529 Walker for your exam after the committee has agreed on a date and time. You will receive an email with the details after it is confirmed.
- Submitting Candidacy Paper. Submit your candidacy paper two weeks prior to your exam to Karen Corl email@example.com. She will forward your paper to the committee for review prior to the exam.
- Written in the style of a journal article
- Abstract – no more than 250 words
- Paper – 4000 words or less.
6. Process Forms. There are no forms required for the candidacy exam. Grading is done electronically.